Principal, Business Consulting DescriptionJob #: 65977
Here at EPAM, we are expanding our global Business Consulting practice. The growth we are experiencing is driving the need for transformation consultants (various levels) across the industry sectors that we serve. We need senior consultants who are aspiring to join a vibrant, growing business and dynamic team culture. We cover manufacturing, retail, financial services, life sciences, and other industries. At EPAM, you can make a difference. We are entrepreneurial. We enable our people to take ownership and responsibility in setting the direction for all of our practices.
This Principal position is part of EPAM’s Business Consulting unit based in Japan. The primary responsibilities for this role include supporting business development with industry knowledge/ subject matter expertise and consulting skills, leading consulting project execution, and building/ managing a team of business consultants.
You will, using your consulting capability, support in pre-sales opportunities, client conversations, proposals, and throughout the project lifecycle with multi-disciplinary teams comprising of various roles e.g. strategic envisioning, User / CX service design, business & technical architecture modelling, target operating model design, and software engineering, data analytics, and intelligent automation solutions.. Leverage your domain subject matter expertise, industry experience, consulting skills and “hands-on” experience to deliver advisory services in support of technology enabled business change and greenfield digital native business models. Support with developing the narrative around key transformation themes relevant to the client industry (preferably manufacturing/ auto/ consumer good/ retail) and staying at the forefront of disruption trends shaping the industry.
You will take on important project delivery roles, while fostering client relationships in close alignment with Business Development and Account Management teams. You will support EPAMs participation in conferences, development of thought leadership, value propositions and recruiting.
Potentially responsible for driving strategic country level programs, business development, legal representation and compliance, staffing, compensation and benefits, cost management.
Value the individuals – We encourage and motivate people to grow. We perceive our people as a source of our success;
Strive for excellence – We strive for the highest standards of excellence and continuously learn. We take pride in our engineering and accomplishments;
Act as a team – We treat one another with respect and encourage the best ideas to come from anywhere within the organization. We value our diversity;
Focus on Customers – We build long term customer relationships, as we strive to always understand our customers' business and needs;
Act with integrity – We operate legally, honestly and ethically. We take responsibility for our actions.
- 15+ years minimum combined industry and consulting experience (minimum of 2+ years at a Senior Manager level) in a “Big-4” and / or recognized consultancy boutiques / system integrators
- Possess deep expertise and experience in industry, preferably auto / consumer goods / manufacturing / retail, with broad local market intelligence and network
- Solid consulting skills and experience e.g. strategy, business cases, target operating models, service / process design, business architecture modelling, workshop facilitation, project planning, and organizational change techniques
- Experience in supporting business development by providing domain expertise, consulting methodology know-how, preparing proposals, developing value propositions, and presentations to senior client executives
- Knowledge / experience with innovations in your industry, ability to discuss on market dynamics, build and present EPAM’s point of view on current/ emerging hot topics/ trends in business/ technology
- Bachelor's / Master's university degree plus additional relevant professional and /or educational credentials
- Strong problem-solving abilities and creative thinker combined with a high emotional intelligence
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary business and IT team compositions & cultures under time pressure
- Robust project management methodology, familiar with agile, manage risks and mitigation actions, and experience with dispersed project team environments
- Advanced communication and presentation skills. English and Japanese language fluency
- Project / team leadership skills
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Online training library, mentoring, career development and potential partial grant of certification
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Referral bonuses
- Compensation for sick leave and paid time off
- Opportunities for self-realization