Cloud Expert DescriptionJob #: 61865
The remote option applies only to the Candidates who will be working from any location in Poland.
Currently we are looking for a Cloud Expert for our Krakow office.
We are looking for a candidate to join most ambitious and critical technology projects: to migrate a large proportion of over 1000 applications to public cloud infrastructure and managed services.
You’ll collaborate with global IT teams across the Investment Bank to help them on their cloud migration journey, and engineer common, re-usable solutions that can be used to accelerate cloud adoption across the organization.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of the largest investment banks in the world.
You’ll be working in the Investment Bank IT area and will be a key part of a 7-person team driving adoption of cloud. Four other members will be from within the IB sectors alongside one person from CTO Cloud Engineering team. The teams will be based in Krakow predominantly with some members in London and Pune. Our role is to accelerate IB Technology teams’ adoption of cloud, delivering the ‘firsts’ (build deploy pipeline, containers, database, logging, monitoring, security), delivering an end-to-end slice into production and drive strategic architecture on public cloud services. The team is also responsible for co-delivering/consulting and upskilling other application team members to implement the foundations for success.
- Work collaboratively across the organization
- Solve challenging problems in an elegant but pragmatic way
- Write high quality, reusable code and adhere to coding standards
- Write professional, clear, and comprehensive documentation
- Apply best development and DevOps practices and effectively utilize technologies
- Microsoft Azure or other major cloud platforms
- Confidence in architecting applications around cloud PaaS services
- CI/CD including tools such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, TeamCity etc
- Containers and container orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Infrastructure-as-code, using tools such as Terraform, ARM or CloudFormation
- Scripting languages including Windows PowerShell, Bash etc
- GitHub or similar, contributing to open-source projects
- Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- DevOps practices and the value of automation
- Focused on quality
- An excellent communicator
- Aware of on-going technology trends and know how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
- A quick learner
- Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Fluent in English
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- English language classes
- Polish language classes for Foreigners
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects (ex. to USA or Switzerland)
- Benefit package (private insurance, health care, multisport, lunch tickets, and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Remote work options
- Mentoring programs with experts that will help you to grow
- Discount on Apple products up to 10%
- Relocation package for foreign applicants as well as for people relocating within Poland