Solution Architect (Big Data) DescriptionJob #: 61085
The remote option applies only to the Candidates who will be working from any location in Poland.
Due to ongoing growth we require a Solution Architect with experience to play a key role in establishing our Poland onsite presence.
This is a long-term role, so ideally looking for the successful candidate to join our growing Poland Architect practice on a permanent basis. This role is expected to be heavily client facing so you must be able to commit to working with different Clients.
You can join one of our offices, which are located in Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw and Gdansk.
- Data analytics solutions by utilizing the Big Data technology stack
- Create and present solution architecture documents with deep technical details
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for future solutions
- Conduct solution architecture review/audit, calculate and present ROI
- Lead implementation of the solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities: direct communications with customers, RFP processing, the development of proposals for implementation and design of the solution, presentation for proposed solution architecture to the customer and participate in technical meetings with customer representatives
- Create and follow personal education plan in the technology stack and solution architecture
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices
- Get involved in engaging new clients to further drive EPAM business in the Big Data space
- Strong ‘hands-on’ experience as a Big Data Architect with a solid design/development background with Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience delivering data analytics projects and architecture guidelines
- Experience in big data solutions on premises and on the cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Production project experience in at least one of the Big Data technologies
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodology, Scrum in particular
- Experience in direct customer communications and pre-selling business-consulting engagements to clients within large enterprise environments
Nice to have
- Practical experience in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problem analysis
- Understanding of data modelling challenges and techniques in an enterprise environment
- Background in traditional Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence stacks including:
- ETL: Talend, Informatica, Pentaho, Microsoft SSIS, IBM DataStage, etc
- MPP Databases: HP Vertica, Pivotal Greenplum, Cloudera Impala, Amazon Redshift
- Reporting: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SAP Business Objects, TIBCO Spotfire, etc
- Experience in Linux based environments
- Stream processing: Kafka / Flink / Spark Streaming / Storm
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- English language classes
- Polish language classes for Foreigners
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects (ex. to USA or Switzerland)
- Benefit package (private insurance, health care, multisport, lunch tickets, and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Remote work options
- Relocation package for foreign applicants as well as for people relocating within Poland
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted