Director, Technology Solutions/Architecture DescriptionJob #: 58890
EPAM Systems is looking for a Director of Technology Solutions/Architecture to help enhance our footprint in the Middle East. We are open to someone being based in either Dubai, Jordan, or Abu Dhabi.
You will lead on large scale client projects across a wide array of technologies and business domains with modern software architecture and Agile implementation at the forefront.
This is a great opportunity to work with EPAM’s senior global tech leaders where you will have the opportunity to help grow the practice in the region.
You will work on existing/new client projects, help to engage new clients as well as leading wider technical teams who are aligned to key projects.
The role requires a strong background in consulting, architecture and software development, building client relationship, customer engagement and stakeholder management resulting in new wins and increased footprint in strategic accounts.
Must be fluent in English and Arabic (spoken and written) in order to have deep level business interactions with global colleagues/clients.
- Lead the implementation of Architecture solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Provide Technology Consulting and Architecture services across different industry domains and technology solutions
- Provide Technical Governance across multiple projects and clients
- Provide Technology Consulting services covering areas such as Architectural review / audit and Architectural road-mapping
- Share network and knowledge both within the local/global Architecture Solution Practice
- During Architecture work, stay involved in the continuous process of solution/product road map planning, can make an influence on plans of business using reasonable technology-based motivation
- Provide leadership across Architecture, Technology, Strategy, IT Organizational Change Management
- Proactively develop and implement efficiency improvements
- Build credibility with clients in a specific domain – either new or existing
- Identify new business opportunities and craft relevant solutions
- Develop Technology Business Cases and Budgets
- Formulate and present the overall technology business case in relation to the overall business strategy
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities
- In the future, it is likely you may travel to different geographical regions to meet clients and EPAM teams
- Industry visionary and avid technologist at heart
- A senior proven leader who can lead a Technology/Architecture capability
- Excellent Client-facing / onsite experience with the ability to influence and guide senior stakeholders on technical solutions combined with a consultative, problem solving approach
- Strong experience in hands-on large-scale platform delivery and architecture design
- Strong experience in leading and delivering technology streams for large scale complex transformation projects
- Excellent understanding of major functional capabilities across one or more industry sectors as well as common platform solutions leveraged across those sectors
- Contribute to the growth of the Architecture practice within EPAM and promotion to the clients and market
- Ability to execute and lead on rapid conceptual designs, proof-of-concepts and client presentation
- Well-versed in development of Enterprise and Solution Architecture, including governance, business drivers, technology and change management
- Deep understanding of architecture qualities such as: security, scalability, resiliency and availability in high performance low latency systems
- Strong experience with full life cycle of Disciplined Agile software development processes, approaches, delivery and methods (Java or Microsoft .NET) with scaling to the Enterprise
- Experience with Microservice based Architecture
- Experience designing applications and technology solution leveraging native Cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience migrating, modernizing, integrating legacy platform in large enterprises
- Excellent documentation, presentation and communication skills
- Technical leadership in large multi-component, multi-team, multi-location projects
- Excellent commercial awareness and business acumen and budget management
- Strong experience of technology support for complex transformations using enterprise Agile delivery methods and frameworks, e.g. SAFe, DAD, LESS or other enterprise frameworks
- Experience designing enterprise services or integration capabilities using REST APIs and event-driven technology
- Responsible for hiring, team growth and management of your team efforts outside of their commercial delivery efforts
- Ability to manage teams’ workload in addition to client billable work
- Travel flexibility as the role will involve some degree of travel in the future
- Any recognitions from industry bodies with regards to relevant industry domain, technology, or delivery frameworks and methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, certifications, SAFe etc) will constitute an advantage
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic (spoken and written) in order to have deep level business interactions with global colleagues/clients
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on leading edge platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth