Principal/Director Technology Consultant (Financial Services) DescriptionJob #: 57810
EPAM Systems is looking for a Permanent Principal Technology Consultant with a Financial Services background to join our FS Practice.
You will lead on large scale client projects across a wide array of technologies and business domains with modern software architecture and Agile implementation at the forefront.
This is a great opportunity to work with EPAM’s senior global tech leaders where you will have the opportunity to help grow the practice in the UK.
You will work on existing/new client projects, help to engage new clients as well as leading wider technical teams who are aligned to key projects.
The role requires a strong background in consulting, architecture and software development, building client relationship, customer engagement and stakeholder management resulting in new wins and increased footprint in strategic accounts.
- Lead the elaboration and implementation of solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Provide Technology Consulting services across different Financial Services domains and technology solutions
- Provide leadership and governance across Architecture, Technology, Strategy, IT Organizational Change Management
- Build credibility with clients in a specific domain – either new or existing
- Identify new business opportunities and craft relevant solutions
- Formulate and present the overall technology business case in relation to the overall business strategy
- Share network and knowledge both within the UK Technology Consultancy Practice and with other EPAM Consultants globally
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities
- In the future, it is likely you will work with several clients and split time between Epam office and client’s location (Covid travel permitting)
- Industry visionary and avid technologist at heart
- A senior proven leader who can lead a Technology Consulting capability
- Excellent customer facing skills, combined with a consultative, problem solving approach
- Excellent commercial awareness, business acumen and budget management
- Strong experience in leading and delivering technology streams for large scale complex transformation projects
- Ability to act as hands-on technology lead in the client project delivery, part of Epam delivery team
- Excellent understanding of major functional capabilities across Financial Services as well as common platform solutions leveraged by Financial Services Institutions, including but not limited to:
- Retail / Investment Banking / Asset Management / Wealth Management / Payments
- Ability to execute and lead on rapid conceptual designs, proof-of-concepts and client presentation
- Contribute to the growth of the Technology Consultancy practice within Epam and promotion to the clients and market
- You will be responsible for hiring, team growth and management of your team efforts outside of their commercial delivery efforts
- Well-versed in development of Enterprise and Solution Architecture, including governance, business drivers, technology and change management
- Strong experience of technology support for complex transformations using enterprise Agile delivery methods and frameworks, e.g. SAFe, DAD, LESS or other enterprise frameworks
- Deep understanding of architecture qualities such as: security, scalability, resiliency and availability in high performance low latency systems
- Experience migrating, modernising, integrating legacy platform in large enterprises
- Experience designing enterprise services or integration capabilities using REST APIs and event-driven technology
- Experience designing applications and technology solution leveraging native Cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Excellent documentation, presentation and communication skills
- Technical leadership in large multi-component, multi-team, multi-location projects
- Travel flexibility as the role will involve some degree of travel within UK and Europe as things get back to normal
- Any recognitions from industry bodies with regards to relevant FS domain, technology, or delivery frameworks and methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, FS qualifications, SAFe etc) will constitute an advantage
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Various perks such as Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period