Senior Data / Big Data Engineer DescriptionJob #: 53625
EPAM is looking for an experienced Senior Data / Big Data Engineer who is proficient in building data warehouse solutions in Clouds. That can be brown-field and green-field projects or a fair mixture of that projects. Data migration from on-premise to the Cloud, full life cycle of data starting from data acquisition and all way to the data visualization and improvement.
In 2015 EPAM opened the Czech Republic IT delivery center in Prague, in the iconic City Tower in Pankrac. Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, is a growing source of innovation due to the increasing demand for software solutions and services in Central Europe. This new location will enable EPAM to more closely collaborate with clients in the region.
We have made many important decisions to align EPAM to the new global operating environment, including taking significant steps to ensure the safety and well-being of more than 36,700+ EPAMers, and to continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world. As result, the vast majority of EPAM's teams are working from home.
No less important is the safety, well-being, and experience of our applicants. Therefore, until further notice, all EPAM employment interviews will be conducted remotely. Our recruitment professionals and hiring managers are standing by to ensure a robust and engaging virtual candidate experience; we look forward to speaking with you.
- Experience in implementation of Data warehouses, data pipelines and flows
- Must have experience in GCP or AWS or Azure
- Experience working with other clouds is a plus
- Have experience with Hadoop OR Spark OR hive
- Experience with implementing and/or maintaining technical solutions in virtualized environments
- Experience with developing software code in one or more languages such as Java or Python
- Experience designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems with some of the technologies from the following list: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Vertica, Netezza, Teradata, Tableau, QlikView or MicroStrategy
- On-premises cloud migration experience, including service discovery, assessment, planning, execution, and operations
- Experience in project governance and enterprise customer management
Nice to have
- Google Professional Data Engineer, Google Professional Cloud Architect
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Comfortable modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Czech and English language courses
- Start ASAP/negotiable
- Relocation assistance including the coverage of the relocation costs (if needed)
- Rotation program - possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects within 25 countries
- Referral bonuses for recommended candidates