Lead Interaction Designer DescriptionJob #: 53466
EPAM Continuum is looking for an exceptional Senior Interaction Designer to join its multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, and strategists to work in our Boston office’s Design Practice.
Who We Are:
EPAM Continuum creates new-to-the-world experiences by skillfully engaging the talents of more than 150 professionals with diverse, multi-disciplinary experiences, including architects, brand strategists, business strategists, economists, psychologists, electrical, mechanical and software engineers, and graphic, industrial, interaction, and digital designers.
For more than thirty years, the company has partnered with clients to discover innovative ideas and realize them as powerful products, services, and brand experiences.
Some of the world’s most well-respected brands and organizations rely on EPAM Continuum as their innovation partner, including American Express, BBVA, Bose, Herman Miller, Haier, Moen, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle, Penske, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Reebok, Samsung, Southwest Airlines, and Staples.
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a global firm where culture matters and curiosity is valued. We work collaboratively. We think globally. We’re passionate. We firmly believe that what we make should improve lives while we bring our clients’ businesses into the future. And we make it happen every day.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about creating innovative digital systems and experiences, and you’ve worked on multi-platform programs across multiple digital channels. You create digital tools and onscreen experiences that engage and excite diverse users. You’re fascinated by the end-to-end process of user research, UX exploration, system design, and creating elegant and user-centered UIs. Your work is grounded in research, empathy, and open-minded collaboration. You are obsessive about delighting users, micro-interactions, and the finesse of efficient and graceful experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in deep ethnographic research to understand users, then translate those insights into onscreen experiences that respond creatively to their needs, goals, and values
- Design beautiful, intuitive, and inclusive interfaces and experiences that respond to users’ needs, context, and priorities while delivering value to our clients
- Envision concepts and ideas, and compellingly communicate your intent to team members and client stakeholders through sketches, wireframes, flow maps, and rapid prototypes
- Solve complex, large scale problems across consumer and medical spaces, all while being comfortable with ambiguity. Consider the broader context of how new digital experiences will fit into people’s lives, disrupt workflows, and work in harmony with clients’ existing ecosystems
- Understand or learn about technical constraints and opportunities, and consider the underlying systems and information architecture that will support the experiences we are building
- Understand or learn about brand context and client business constraints and opportunities as applied to design strategy
- Collaborate closely with team members and experts in different domains such as strategists, engineers, video artists, architects, human factors experts, and brand experience designers
What You Have
- 3-6 years of experience in user experience and/or interaction design of multi-platform digital experiences
- Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Communications Design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong strategic UX skills with the ability to understand and create user flows, wireframes with detailed annotations, and information architecture
- Familiar with techniques of consumer/user research and analysis: user research, personas and customer journeys, ideation and brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and concept validation
- UI design skills, from sketch to wireframe to pixel-perfect designs and design guidelines
- Excellent presentation, communication, and storytelling skills
- Familiarity with front-end development tools and processes a plus
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance