Senior Python Software Engineer DescriptionJob #: 53380
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Our client is an American global investment company with more than 140 bln USD assets under management.
EPAM is currently engaged in the transformation of data platform for this company and we are looking for senior and lead back-end software engineers to join the team. On this role, you will be involved into new business features development, transition of the business logic from database to service layer and building CI/CD.
Technology stack for the project: Python 3.x, RDBMS: MS SQL 2016 (T-SQL), Django, Flask, PyCharm, Kafka, Redgate SQL tools, Bitbucket and the plans are to work on a transition to AWS\Dockerization, Kanban process and Bitbucket.
- Experience in Python engineering is preferable, however ready to consider candidates with strong skills in other development languages: Java\.NET\Scala, etc. but willing to learn Python
- Strong RDBMS/SQL skills: experience in MS SQL Server and T-SQL syntax is preferable
- In-depth knowledge of Linux
- Expertise in Java programming language
- Hands-on experience in Data processing frameworks
- Practical knowledge of AWS integration
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture
- Experience in metadata-driven data processing
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with business directly to clarify requirements and priorities
- Understanding quality of the code, testing the outcome, unit testing
- Availability to work shifted hours (till 6-7 PM) to communicate with the teams and business on US side
- Extended opportunity to grow professionally in a cross-cultural environment
- Access to various on-line courses from leading provider
- Access to engineering communities on a global scale
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social benefits in line with local legislation
- Health insurance and meal vouchers programs
- Special discount program for EPAMers with providers across Malaga and in other cities around the world
- Regular team collaboration events
- Office in a good location with easy access
- Referral bonuses
- Relocation support (for people from other countries)