Senior Java Developer DescriptionJob #: 50610
The role is to work as a Senior Developer. Our client is one of the biggest financial institutions in Europe and you have chance to be a key part in the creation of the most important and crucial functionality by developing systems involved in the post-trade processing of transactions globally.
Over the coming year we have the plan not only to extend the current functionality for the new clients but also:
• Re-Architecture existing systems;
• Build a reliable, scalable and flexible approach to structuring our systems
• Emphasize real-time, online transaction processing
• Leverage the synergies across multiple systems.
We are looking for the back-end developer who will join other software delivery professionals, taking a leading role in the development and improvement of one of the core components. Following the scrum methodology, you will become a permanent member of one of our component teams where you will help to shape the component architecture and fully apply your extensive knowledge of the most popular and progressive technologies which could greatly improve performance and usability.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are an Agile team of open minded and highly motivated professionals who care about quality and sustainable solutions. We are accountable for what we do and have a full say in how we do things. You will be cooperating with delivery teams located in Krakow and business stakeholders around the world.
Our systems are responsible for cash transfer, accounting and confirmation process for trades, processing every day over a billion of dollars.
- Be a member of a Scrum team
- Deliver real business value by building robust and scalable core Java server systems
- Devise high level technical architecture for the epics
- Develop high quality, automatically tested code, leading by example
- Review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfills the expected level of quality
- Ensure the continuance of on-going refactoring of existing system's code
- Conduct qualified code reviews
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience of developing software utilizing Java
- Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills
- Detailed understanding of core Java concepts
- Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- Hands-on experience with building distributed systems, Java messaging technologies, and databases
- Experience in participating in peer reviews of source code
- Experience in Java 1.8
- Experience in developing applications using Spring, Hibernate and JMS
- Experience with XSLT, REST/SOAP
- Experience with Oracle/Sybase
- Experience working in Unix environment (specifically Linux)
- Practical experience with testing technologies and TDD
- Experience with multi-threaded applications would be a plus
- Experience in the financial industry would be a plus
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- English language classes
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities, E-sport program
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted