Senior Java Developer and Tech Lead DescriptionJob #: 50512
Are you passionate about technology and its application in Financial Services? Are you customer-focused and enjoy delivering innovative digital solutions to clients? Do you have an eye for detail, while being able to keep sight of the bigger picture?
Then you have an opportunity to work with the best-in-class engineering and design teams as a Senior Java Developer & Tech Lead to deliver high profile solutions across our FS portfolio.
You are curious, persistent, logical and enjoy crafting and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about this exciting role!
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
EPAM recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for and take pride in their work, they are perfectionists in what they do. Due to ongoing project demand we require a Senior Java Developer & Tech Lead to join our London based client project team.
In this role you will be working as part of our London based client project team & customer web application development teams supporting Wealth Management Advisors globally.
In order to be successful in this role you will be:
• a Technical Leader who is energetic with positive / can-do attitude
• experienced with logic algorithms, design patterns, optimizations and other development approaches
• skilled at improving older code bases, as well as applying modern best practices to new projects
• proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
• effective within the complexity, constraints and boundaries of a leading global organization, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software
• familiar with Agile methodology, Scaled Agile Framework and Scrum/Kanban delivery approaches
• an excellent communicator who can partner with technical experts as well as end-users who might not be well versed in IT
- Translate business requirements (functional and non-functional) into technical tasks
- Identify people and systems impacted by functional and non-functional requirements
- Drive development quality (e.g. code review)
- Collaborate to refine user requirements though test-driven development (TDD)
- Build up deep understanding of actual application and leverage this knowledge when extending the application
- Introduce and promote agile delivery best practices for the technical delivery team
- 5 or more years Java 8+
- JPA and Persistent Architecture
- 12+ Months Angular/React JS
- Spring Boot and Spring Cloud Technology
- Full REST API understanding and Principal
- SOAP Services with Security
- OOP/OOA/Design Patterns
- DevOps support
- Strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming (building distributed systems and/or Java messaging technologies a plus ideally databases and Unix too)
- Experience in investment banking or financial services, ideally
- A passion for learning and leveraging new tech when appropriate to the problem space
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and methodologies