Senior Big Data Engineer DescriptionJob #: 50320
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
Our customer is a leader in global prestige retail, teaching and inspiring clients to play in a world of beauty. The company has earned its reputation all over the world as a beauty trailblazer with its expertise, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Our project is about developing a full-stack e-Commerce application for the world's biggest cosmetics retailer chain of stores.
Project technologies and tools
- SQL (Hive is preferable)
- Spark Streaming
- Cloud (Azure)
- Scala or Python
- Databricks (nice to have)
- Avro (nice to have)
- 4+ years of experience in Java/Scala or Python
- Experience with HIVE, Spark will be a plus
- Experience with Apache Hadoop will be a plus
- Strong communication skills and good spoken and written English
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours