Scala Developer DescriptionJob #: 50176
Currently, we are looking for a Scala Developer for our Wroclaw office to make the team even stronger.
The project is greenfield and written fully in Scala.
We use modern technologies, e.g. Scala, Akka stack, Cats, Kafka, Gatling. We are agile.
It's a distributed team between Wroclaw and Zurich. The development team currently consists of 17 persons (Developers, Testers , DevOps and Business Analysts) and is located in Wroclaw.
We're looking for a person who will help us to build a new, strategic and large-scale digital archiving system for our client.
- New feature designing and implementing
- Bug fixing
- Contributing to team meetings
- At least 3 years of experience building backend systems
- At least 1 year of experience working with Scala
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with TDD and BDD programming styles
- Distributed version control: Git or Mercurial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Be able to work in multicultural work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-organized and able to quickly learn new technologies and paradigms
Nice to have
- Experience working with Akka stack: akka, akka-streams, akka-http
- Willingness to work with/learn FP libraries like Cats, Monix, Simulacrum, etc
- Experience working with distributed messaging systems such as Kafka, MQE, Rabbitmq, etc
- Experience working with search engine technologies like ElasticSearch or Solr
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TeamCity
- Experience working with Docker
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- English language classes
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted