Do you have a combination of deep technical expertise, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy helping customers architect systems and solve technical problems? Are you passionate about transforming and shaping leading organizations?
Then you have an opportunity to work with highly skilled and professional architects and engineers who specialize in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale.
As a Permanent Lead Data Scientist, you will join EPAM's Big Data Practice in London working alongside market leading consultants across the business with the opportunity to be involved in cutting edge client projects.
This is a client-facing role requiring a mix of great communication skills, business acumen, deep technical knowledge and team management experience.
Responsible for developing advanced analytics, statistical models, machine learning methods and solutions.
Experience working independently or managing and coordinating a broader, multidisciplinary team.
Must be comfortable engaging with clients, formulating business proposals, and delivering clear ideas and results to stakeholders.
- Interacting closely with:
- Project stakeholders to define priorities and ensure issue resolution
- SMEs to clarify the business-related and customer-specific questions
- Development teams to get the data needed and implement/deploy the developed solution
- Winning and initiating new projects
- Identifying the business problems and finding the right data and methods to address them
- Perform and interpret data studies and product experiments concerning new data sources or new uses for existing data sources
- MSc/PhD Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer science, Economics or related scientific disciplines
- Strong commercial work experience as a Data Science, not only in a research/educational type role
- Consulting experience desirable although not essential
- Good pre-sales experience is highly desirable
- Proven record of successful data science/BI/analytics projects
- Experience in managing/coordinating a team
- Proficiency in statistical tools/languages - R, SAS, Python NumPy / SciPy
- Familiarity with relational databases and intermediate level knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with large data sets and tools like MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Data-focused applied mathematics (Classification ad Regression Models, Cluster Analysis, Deep Learning, Non-parametric Methods)
- Experience in two or more of the following domains: Retail, Digital Marketing, e-Commerce, Health, Supply Chain, Banking, Telecom, or Digital Media
- Developed prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis
- Designed and built new large complex data sets processes for modelling, data mining, and production purposes
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on leading edge FinTech platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth