We are looking for technically hands-on Software Engineer/Developer with strong relevant experience in IBM Websphere Commerce (contractor or permanent) to work on site for one of our large clients in Milan, Italy.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable with back end programming but has had a significant exposure to front end development as well.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the world’s fastest growing Tech Platform Engineering Consultancies.
We already have a number of consultants working with the client but need to further increase the team size as our business continues to rapidly grow. It will report to the EPAM Director of Technical Delivery in Milan.
- Integrating front end and back end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and, at the same time, investigating alongside the customer IT staff and Digital Business representatives, web design features, among other duties
- See out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Quickly detect functional and performance issues to address in the correct order of priority
- Must be proactive and pragmatic to identify both short term workarounds and long term projects in coordination with local and remote teams
- Strong hands-on experience as a Software Engineer/Developer/Programmer
- Strong IBM Websphere Commerce (8.x and 9.x) experience as the primary skill
- IBM WebSpring Boot
- Java 8
- Web and e-Commerce background
Nice to have
- Microservice architecture
- Elastic Search
- SAP Hybris
- High traffic website architecture and development (with common related issues: caching/performance, authentication/authorization, scalability, maintainability, reliability, web analytics)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions