Do you have a combination of deep technical expertise, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy helping customers engineer solutions and solve technical problems? Are you passionate about transforming and shaping leading organisations?
Then you have an opportunity to work with highly skilled and professional engineers and architects who specialise in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale.
Come join us!
We are looking for a permanent, technically hands-on Big Data Lead Developer/Engineer to work on site for one of our large clients in Liverpool to deliver end-to-end strategic projects. There is the possibility to work 4 days a week on client site in Liverpool and 1 day a week either at home or in our EPAM Manchester office.
There are many projects that work within the Data Solutions space. The technology used is all AWS and there are many different AWS products that are part of the overall solution.
We currently have a large team on the account and 6 in the data team. Due to the increase in work volume, we need more team members to meet project demand.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the world’s fastest growing Tech Consultancies with the potential to take your career to an exciting new level and work on other client projects in the future.
- Design and implement solutions by utilising the Big Data technology stack
- Work closely with EPAM and client business/tech colleagues in identifying solution requirements
- You will need to hit the ground running and be able to work in a fast paced projects
- Scala and Spark skills
- Have worked on cloud infrastructure e.g AWS
- Used EMR with Hadoop (Hortonworks would be fine also)
- Understanding of Data Ingestion processes from ingesting from source all the way through to 3NF
- Has experience of loading data from source into target using Scala / Spark
- Familiar with Agile ways of working specifically Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Works collaboratively with other Dev’s, Architecture, Testing and Business users
- Has worked with Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Confluence and Jira
- Previous experience in an IT consultancy environment with an appreciation of working with and managing customer relationships is a bonus
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on leading edge platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth