Our customer is top mass media and information company working on a global market. As part of this project, we make a thorough audit and re-architecting of the current outdated solution to archive better code quality, platform-independence and, performance.
The team is currently working on an application which is aimed for filling in and preparation of US tax application forms. It is being built using client-server architecture.
The current project goals:
• Runtime Code Modernization: code modernization for Runtime platform with C++ 11 ANSI standard
o adding testability with unit testing
o standardization of string processing with STL
o applying platform-agnostic features
• Cleaning up of Platform Extension modules: several of the modules need code improvement, sort of paying off the technical debt. The entire set of Pre-season rollover processing modules need data-driven processing so that they can be handed to the BA's. A new set of tools is needed, as well as re-architecting the process.
- Extend regression test suite for an existing application (reuse elements of existing regression test suite is optional; also we would like to target with testing new elements of back-end in long run)
- Server-side REST HTTP (JSON serialized) API testing
- Good knowledge of C# programming language
- Familiarity with NUnit framework
- Ability to integrate automated tests in Jenkins CI server
- Good communication and personal skills to be able work in busy environment
- Positive way of thinking
- Good spoken and written English level
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours