Our client is one of the world’s leading full-service online travel brands helping travelers easily plan and book travel from the widest selection of vacation packages, flights, hotels, rental cars, rail, cruises, activities, attractions, and services.
The service we are currently working on primarily manages the Booking Data Mart, which reports on purchases made by company’s customers. Data is brought together from various sources, including the traditional website back-end, order management system data services, and data from some of the organizations that have been merged with the main website.
The project team is responsible for all financial journal entry (FJE) processing; for rendering FJE, providing booking data feed to Accounting, and assisting Accounting in closing the books each and every month. The FJE process drives a number of sub ledger systems across client’s revenue accounting.
- Design and develop ETL and BI solutions for medium to complex programs involving various DWBI technologies
- Conduct test case design and execution, and manage the defects throughout the delivery cycle
- Translate technical specifications into code for new or improvement projects for internal clients
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience in implementation and support of Informatica 9.5 or higher
- 2+ years’ experience in Teradata/DB2 Development
- Experience in building both traditional ETL scenarios in Informatica as well as non-traditional Integration scenarios
- Knowledge of Hadoop (Hive, Spark)
- Experience in building data warehouses (DWH) and working with an Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Strong expertise in utilizing Cloud technologies and services with Amazon AWS or equivalent
- Ability to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognize opportunities to innovate, and engage partners in a vision and strategy
- Excellent problem-solving skills with experience in identifying and solving data quality issues
- Strong troubleshooting skills in any environments, ability to analyze production incidents and take preventive action
- Travel industry experience will be a plus
- Intermediate or higher English level (B1+)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours