Do you have a combination of deep technical expertise, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy helping customers architect systems and solve technical problems? Are you passionate about transforming and shaping leading organizations?
Then you have an opportunity to work with highly skilled and professional architects and engineers who specialize in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale.
Come join us!
EPAM Systems is looking for a Permanent Digital focused Lead / Chief Solution Architect to join our European Architecture Practice and lead on strategic client projects across a wide array of technologies and business domains with modern software architecture, DevOps and Agile implementation at the forefront.
- Lead implementation of large, complex solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Provide Technical Governance across multiple projects and clients
- Provide Technology Consulting services covering areas such as Architectural Strategy, Architectural review / audit and Architectural road-mapping
- Network and knowledge-share both within the UK Architecture Solution Practice and with other EPAM Architects globally
- You will not manage a delivery team – that will be the role of Delivery Manager & Resource Manager, but you may be techncially leading a team
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities
- Team size varies massively depending on the specific client project
- It is likely you will work with several clients and split time between onsite at client’s location and our central London office – it’s not a full time on-site role, but will vary, so travel flexibility is a must
- Strong and demonstrable experience in Lead / Chief Architecture role
- Strong experience in hands-on platform delivery and architecture design
- Well-versed in Solution Architecture, including network, data, application, system, and integration architecture
- Proven Solution Architecture track record primarily with web platforms
- Strong experience with full life cycle of Agile software development processes, approaches, delivery and methods (Java or Microsoft .NET) with scaling to the Enterprise
- Thought leadership and Technical knowledge combined with delivery experience in some of these areas:
- Legacy platform migration
- RESTful APIs and API gateways
- Microservice based Architecture
- Cloud deployment (AWS or Azure or Google)
- COTs platforms, Bespoke platforms and a mix of the two
- Digital engagement platforms including eCommerce, CMS, DAM, PIM, OMS
- Industry knowledge from one or more of:
- Retail and Distribution
- Travel and Hospitality
- Client facing / onsite experience with the ability to influence and guide senior stakeholders on technical solutions
- Excellent documentation, presentation and communication skills
- Travel flexibility as the role will involve some degree of travel within UK and potentially Europe
- Any exposure to Enterprise Architecture and / or Architectural frameworks such as TOGAF a bonus
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on leading edge platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth