Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Our client is a British home improvement retailer and garden center, based in the UK and owned by another huge UK retailer, with more than 230 stores throughout the country. Its main business is the sale of supplies and materials, for homeowners and the building trade. The company also trades in the kitchen and bathroom market, in which it has extensive ranges from budget take away kitchens and bathrooms, to more bespoke professionally designed kitchens and bathrooms.
WHAT IS HYBRIS?
It's a leading e-commerce platform being authentically a future of e-commerce today. It incorporates stores for the web, mobile and more for B2C and B2B including powerful search and merchandising, master data management (MDM)/ PIM, order management, and web content management. Built on a single stack of modern, standards-based, service-oriented technology, Hybris is able to manage: 20 million SKUs on one of the largest online retail sites; two million customers and 500,000 orders per day for one of the largest wholesale distributors; 2,500 stores in 44 global markets for one of the largest physical retailers. In just 4 months, Hybris was deployed in 42 countries and currently processes 6000 inquiries per second.
Project technologies and tools
- Hybris (E-commerce Platform, based on Spring)
- Java 8
- Spring 4+
- Web Services
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Agile best practices: SCRUM, XP, TDD, BDD, Pair Programming; Continuous Integration/Deployment; Direct interaction team-customer; Continuous process improvement; Clean Code; Scaled Agile Framework
- 5+ years of experience in Java development
- Proficiency in Spring framework
- Solid understanding of application design
- 1.5+ years of experience as a Technical Lead
- Proven experience and ability to manage people, processes, and technology
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent English and communication skills
- E-commerce experience is a plus
- Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
- Ability to analyze problems, detect root causes and resolve issues
- Excellent time management, planning, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work with remote team members and lead them according to the strategy
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package -medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours