Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior MySQL Database Administrator for our Kyiv office to make the team even stronger.
Our customer is a video and analytics technology company that offers cloud-based platform to help build an engaged and profitable audiences. It harnesses the power of big data to help broadcasters, operators, and media companies build more engaged audiences and monetize video with personalized, interactive experiences for every screen. The company goes beyond traditional online video platforms, providing software and services combining best-of-breed technologies with industry-leading video analytics to help our customers optimize and automate video programming, streaming and syndication.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, it has offices in the USA, Great Britain, Australia, Japan, Mexico. The company works with premier reseller and technology partners throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, Japan and the Asia-Pacific region.
Most part of work on project is aimed to support existing solution and rebuild\migrate them on new technologies stack\platforms. With features like limitless scaling, centralized management, self-service infrastructure, continuous delivery and self-healing, self-scaling systems we have made it easier than ever for our product development teams to deliver our world-class offerings to users at the engineering pace they demand. We are looking for a Senior Database Administrator experienced in building and managing MySQL/MariaDB infrastructure as well as its automation. Got an ambitious vision for what RDBMS's can do? Have some ideas about how to manage hundreds (or even thousands) of instances with hardly any effort? Love tools like Chef and Puppet, infrastructure-as-code and pushing the envelope on self-service? Then we want to hear from you.
- Design, develop and maintain database management infrastructure distributed throughout our private datacenters and AWS around the world
- Setup and support MySQL/MariaDB replication (master/master, master/slave)
- Analyze and optimize the existing MariaDB performance
- Build monitoring and metrics/dashboards to ensure reliability of the systems
- Build strategies for Backup/Recovery, replication, failover, Disaster Recovery
- Write Chef cookbooks for managing database infrastructure
- Mentor developers on effective use of MySQL/MariaDB including query analysis and optimization, data modeling, etc
- Implement best practices around security, reliability, and performance of existing databases
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting project’s production infrastructure
- Collaborate across teams and work well in a cross-functional environment
- Bachelor’s/Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience with MySQL or MariaDB, as a DBA
- Competency in at least one programming language (Ruby preferred but not required)
- Some experience working with virtual environments (AWS, OpenStack, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in other data store technologies would be a plus (e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Experience with working in at least one automation/deployment platform (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate (B1+) English level - both written and spoken
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours