You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a DevOps Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
EPAM’s Financial Services Practice is looking for exceptionally talented people to join our team of world-class engineers. Our clients are some of the world’s largest and most innovative banks, investment banks and wealth management institutions.
We are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator (SysAdmin) who will serve as second level support. Candidates should have in-depth, hands-on experience in Linux OS - specifically RHEL 5, 6 (7 is a plus), Red Hat Satellite, and Source Code Management (SVN, Git). Additionally, they should be familiar with scripting, i.e. Bash (Python a plus) – not just running manual commands off a KB – and able to run, maintain, and write basic scripts. Experience in CFEngine, Chef, Centrify, VMware vSphere, and/ or AWS is a plus.
This is not a low level position. The person will need a deep understanding of their respective area. But this is also a hands-on operations position. Engineers that only want to do projects and/or design and architect solutions will not be happy with this role.
What You’ll Do
- Work as part of an operational (run) group
- Respond to incidents and as well as handle support requests for a variety of technologies related to our Linux service
- As a queue owner, System Admininstrator will be responsible for the general health of the queue (resolving tickets, identifying trends, finding the technical cause of problems) as well as recommending process/ system changes to eliminate incoming workload, optimizing team process, and escalating where appropriate
- Have project responsibilities (i.e. executing some of the improvements identified by them or others on the team) and will own small projects within their respective area
- Work in shifts. The position is for a primary day shift (8-10 hours per day). Participate in a team 24x7 weekly rotation is part of the role. More extended off-shift time may be needed but these would be planned significantly in advance, and generally associated with project work where maintenance windows need to be observed
What You Have
- At least 5+ years of experience in relevant technologies
- Core skills/technologies: RHEL 5, 6 (7 is a plus), Red Hat Satellite, Source code management (SVN, Git), Intermediate Bash scripting, (Python is a plus)
- Break/fix, provisioning & decom, patching, migrations, documentation analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system OS, software, and performance issues
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux operating system environment
- Additional skills/ technologies: CFEngine, Chef, Centrify, SSSD, VMware
- Experience in AWS and cloud development is a plus
- Able to work well in an ambiguous and changing environment
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance